Monday, December 31, 2007

RAMBLING: Balls Dropping and Promises Made

It's time to usher in a New Year! And while 2007 held a lot of great memories for me, there are many I'm ready to move on from. I'm not one for resolutions, but I do usually try to make little promises to myself. No one is perfect, we're all striving to do better in one way or another, and to me resolutions should be our acknowledgments of where we fall short and come with a plan to make it all better.


I thought maybe if I put them on paper and let the world see them, I might hold myself more accountable to them. So, here goes:

  • Count to Five More Often -- I have a SHORT fuse and I need to make it a bit longer. I am very proud of some of my recent methods of remaining calm in the face of stress. I only hope to make those methods even stronger in 2008.
  • Stop and Smell the Roses -- I don't take the time necessary to revel in life sometimes. I have an amazing daughter and husband and I need to enjoy every second with them. I hope in 2008 to slow down just a tad and enjoy life's moments more.
  • Be More Selfish -- For some people being more selfless is a common resolution, but I'm already pretty selfless. I put myself just about last on every priority list. I need to learn to say no and do what I need to do for ME a little more!


I also aim to blog a bit more. I had great intentions when I started this site. And while I've been better about updating it then any other site I've ever had, it's still not something I do often enough. I hope everyone has a safe and happy new year!



Onward and Upward,
Bronwyn

No comments: