Saturday, December 15, 2007

RAMBLING: Greetings From the Other Side

You might be wondering what the heck I mean by that. I can't recall how much I've discussed this on here, and rather then search I'm just going to fill you in. I was laid off from my job at AOL back in October. It was nothing personal just a change in direction, but it truly did rock my world.

I've been with AOL since 2001!!!!! That's a long time, and I started as an intern, so my ENTIRE career has been at AOL. My professional identity is wrapped in their walls and I truly feel a sense of loss right now. The good news is I feel a slight sense of relief today as I type this. Friday, the 14th was my last day, as I was kept around on a transition team for 2 months to help tie up a project.

I didn't blog at all this week because when I wasn't finishing that project I was slightly depressed and I needed to refocus and recenter. The good news is I'm back. I don't know officially what's next with me. As I find out I'll clue you all in. But right now I'm just looking forward to the holidays with my family and a little "down time."

I'll have more time then ever to blog, so expect to see me posting on here quite a bit more and of course on my other sites as well. I'll miss AOL but I know this is what's best and that there is something BIG out there waiting for me.

I've Made the Jump,
Bronwyn

No comments: