Saturday, November 24, 2007

RAMBLING: Black Friday in HD

Hubby and I have been debating making the move to a HD TV. In fact for over a year we've really debated it. I really wanted a Sony Bravia XBR2, $2500 UGH! Hubby definitely didn't want to spend that much. I just didn't want to spend that much and see a newer model the next week for the same price or even less.

Well Black Friday, we hit the stores. I hit Best Buy at 9AM they had an external hard drive I wanted, the Western Digital Essential Edition 500GB for $99. Alas, they were sold out. :-\ So when hubby and I decided to check out Circuit City after LLB's nap on Friday, I wasn't optimistic. First of all they only had one TV on sale that fit what we wanted, and I wasn't sure I wanted it.

We hadn't made it out of the first row when I saw a beautiful Sony TV with a little piece of paper hanging next to it that said Unadvertised Price $1399. Hubby and I were pretty excited. We got it fired up to check out the picture and then had them look up how many they might have left. Turned out they had several and it was actually $1199.

Sony Bravia 40" KDL40V2500


Hubby was sold, so a little while later we walked out with it and have been happy hi-def-ers ever since. DirecTV won't be out until Thurs so for now we're really just watching standard def but hey it gets the job done. I still have some gifts to pick up for people, but I'm already off to a great start (TV purchase aside).

Shop 'Til You Drop,
Bronwyn

No comments: