Sunday, November 18, 2007

RAMBLING: Oh Happy Day

If you're the mom of a toddler you should appreciate this. My daughter is almost 2, and while she's a couple months shy of the title, the Terrible Twos have made some appearances in our lives. People remind me that she's still an excellent child. But of course I can't help but notice her behavioral tendencies.

She is testing me, pushing me to my limit ALWAYS! But not today. We had our weekly playdate at our house and I thought it would be a disaster. I was worried that she wouldn't want to share her toys with her friends. She behaved ... like a DREAM! Not once did I hear her raise her voice and when she did get a little cranky I reminded her that we were taking turns and she stopped and waited. STOPPED AND WAITED!

Nap time was more gloriousness, she went down easily. Stayed asleep for 2.5 hours and woke up in a GREAT mood. We were then off to Target to play with Lyssa and again she was excellent. I could go on, but seriously you get the point, even at dinner she sat quietly and BEHAVED.

I don't know who this child is, but she is welcome anytime. I think these moments come up just at the point with a toddler where you would send them away if you could, to remind you that they are lovable little creatures. I'm so proud of her tonight that I'm beaming and I swear my heart swelled a little more.

I'm sure tomorrow I'll pay the price, but hey I'll take what I can get at this point.

Basking in the Glow,
Bronwyn

No comments: