Thursday, November 8, 2007

RAMBLING: A Rant on Handbags and the People Who Carry Them

I'm a snob, a handbag snob to be exact. I LOVE shoes and I drool over Manolos, Choos and Louboutins BUT it's handbags that I LIVE for. I can spot a bag a mile away and in many cases tell who made it. But I'm not a designer handbag snob. As in I appreciate a good Marc Jacobs bag and even turn green when my friend Deanne shows up with a new one, but you don't have to be rockin' a Fendi to earn my respect.

Let me break it down for you. My skin crawls at the sight of Louis Vuitton monogram bags, in fact just about ANY logo-heavy bag. Do you really need to show off that badly? I'll admit when Jessica Simpson rocked her Louis in the first season of Newlyweds I attempted to use a FLouis (fake Louis). It got old. I realized a million soccer moms around me all had the same bag and only one of them prob actually had the real deal. I can spot the fakes from the real, it's not complicated really. BUT, how good can you feel about a bag that you paid thousands of dollars for that everyone else has a knock-off of and most people couldn't even tell yours was real in comparison. Now when I see someone with one I immediately shed a couple of respect points for the person.

Pardon me if I sound bitchy, but my bottom line is simple. I like a sexy handbag, I like clean lines, good quality and the brand name could be designer or unknown for all I care. I've come to really love a couple of brands, Rafe, BCBG Max Azria, 1154 Lill Studio and even Isaac Mizrahi for Target. One of these days I will probably pick up a Marc Jacobs and maybe even a Dior, I've wanted one long enough, but I won't be doing it so everyone else knows what I have. I'll be doing it for ME!

It's a Sickness Really,
Bronwyn

No comments: