Saturday, September 29, 2007

RAMBLING: Toddlerwide Wrestling Federation

I posted this on my blog but I'm x-posting it here in hopes someone has some advice.

The LLB has a mean streak. It comes out every evening approximately 1 hour before bed. We have fun rough-housing and goofing around on the floor until she turns into a Gremlin. She smacks, bites, scratches, pulls hair ... I'm lucky I don't have scars, though I always have marks to prove it.

I like playing with her and I don't mind if it gets a little rough, BUT I can't take the outright abuse and I don't like that once she starts she won't stop. Telling her no doesn't seem to do it and punishing her breaks her down to tears and then she goes right back to the behavior.

Has anyone experienced this before? Does anyone have any tips? I've tried time outs, I've tried repeating some of the behaviors back to her without any force (ie LIGHTLY pinching her cheek when she's just pinched mine), I just don't have any more ideas left.

Victim of Parental Abuse,
Bronwyn

No comments: