Friday, October 12, 2007

RAMBLING: When Water's Not Just Water

I'm a water snob. I first developed a love affair with water when I was in Paris back in 1997. I couldn't drink enough of it and it made me feel great. I've never been a big soda drinker so it wasn't hard to switch to the plain stuff.

In 2003 when I did Weight Watchers the first time, water was a key part of the weight loss. They STRESS the importance of drinking water and it's part of your daily menu plan. A couple years back I tried a bottle of Fiji Water. I don't even remember where I was or what made me buy it. I think I was in NY and I think it was the square bottle but who knows. From first sip I was enamored. It's sooo smooth and clean tasting. I know it's water, what can be so special about it. I promise you if you try it you'll know the difference.

The problem is I can't go back. Drinking Deer Park is like drinking dirty water to me, it's just not the same. So I have created a nasty $1.80 a day habit! Hey it could be causing me cancer, so it could be worse. I also love spotting other people, celebrities, people on the street even people in television shows or movies drinking it. I feel like I'm in an elite club. Will someone please remind me that it's just water?

Down at the Watering Hole,
Bronwyn

No comments: