Saturday, October 27, 2007

REVIEW: Toddler Tunes

I have a hard time with music for the LLB. I am a musical person, I live my life by music. So imagine my horror when I pop in a children's CD and hear some middle-aged man singing children's songs in a cheesy voice.

Thankfully my day job affords me certain benefits, one of them getting free children's music CDs. There is some REALLY GOOD talent out there and I hope to share them with you.


You Are My Little Bird by Elizabeth Mitchell
There is just something beautifully pure about this CD. Elizabeth Mitchell's voice is folk-y and pretty and her songs are beautiful. I absolutely ADORE her rendition of Bob Marley's Three Little Birds.
Best Tracks: Little Liza Jane, Who's My Pretty Baby, Little Bird Little Bird, Peace Like a River, Three Little Birds
Have a listen to some of the songs on KOL Jr.


A Duck in New York City by Connie Kaldor

This CD is fun and playful with some very silly songs that LLB and I love.
Best Tracks: If You Love a Hippopotamus, Laundry Bag, Belly Button, Honey Honey Honey, Quack Quack Quack
Have a listen to some of the songs on KOL Jr.

More coming soon...

Music to My Ears,
Bronwyn

No comments: