Thursday, October 18, 2007

REVIEW: Exersaucer -- Get Moving

OK, so there are so many different models of Exersaucers on the market that one could go crazy trying to pick one out. I registered for the Evenflo Exersaucer SmartSteps, it looked like a lot of fun and the reviews on Amazon for it were great. It was the most expensive one on the market, but hey if someone else wanted to fork over the money for me, who was I to complain?

Well my baby shower came and the Exersaucer appeared in my gift pile. I was sooooooo excited! Now, I had my nursery set up MONTHS in advance so I was busy putting together toys and gadgets for her already. I decided since the Exersaucer would take up so much space to hold off on putting that together and shoved it under her crib!

At about 3 months I was told by some more experienced mothers that as long as a baby has good head control they are ready to use it. Just place some blankets in front and behind your child to help her/him from flopping around! Well before I could even put the thing together my hubby got a call from his boss, their neighbors were moving and had an exersaucer that had never been used for us. Hubby brought it home the next day. It was the Baby Einstein one made by Graco. I preferred the one I had registered for BUT this one was already assembled and FREE after all... who was I to complain.

A couple weeks after he brought it home I put her in it for the first time. She LOVED it! It was a whole new world for her and I liked how it entertained her and freed up my hands. LLB was never a fan of laying down ... she thought it was for bed time, so the fact that this kept her standing made it an enjoyable activity.

I was able to take my Evenflo one back to Babies R Us and get a store credit, they are EXCELLENT about this kind of thing. But I still like that particular model and would definitely recommend it to other mothers! LLB seemed perfectly happy with the Baby Einstein one though, so I'm glad we kept it.

At 3 months, trying it out for the first time

Product Information
Baby Einstein Discover and Play Activity Center
Made by Graco
Nine interactive toys help develop sensory and motor skills
3-position height adjust grows with your baby
360-degree swivel seat allows baby easy access to tray and toys
Priced at approximately $80
Find yours on Google

Buying Tip: The cloth seat is machine washable in cold water and delicate setting. Metal and plastic parts can be cleaned with household soap or detergent and warm water. If your registering I say go for the Evenflo Exersaucer I mentioned before it has like a MILLION toys and gadgets! The Baby Einstein seat is basic and I've actually come to love that about it, but I can't help but be envious of all the stuff the other one has!

Who Needs a Baby Gym,
Bronwyn

No comments: